NXTcomm08

Friday, June 20, 2008 ·

This post is a little late, but what the heck. I was down in Vegas at NXTcomm08 for the day on Tuesday. There was one big theme that really stood out; ethernet switching.

I have a pretty good knowledge of the ethernet switching market since I sell, install, and maintain these products for a living. Let me tell you, there were probably several dozen ethernet switch companies there I have never heard of. I was really starting to question the viability of having so many new companies in the same industry with very little to separate them from the big boys like Cisco, Juniper, Foundry, and Adtran.

My highlight of the event was the demo we got from Digium. I was familiar with the technology but I had never seen it up close and personal. I will have more about Digium in a future post, but I will say that we were so impressed, we became Digium re-sellers immediately after we got back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment